From a post in the forum by 'mardhi'
If you get a SEGV error that is preventing you from using Bodhi's graphic user interface (GUI) after logging in and you can't fix the issue by using the 'Recover' option in the error dialogue box, follow these steps to get a working GUI. Credit and thanks goes to people who helped me with this issue over a couple of IRC sessions.
1. Log in. The error dialogue box appears.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+F1. The terminal appears.
3. If you do not want to save profiles that you added or changes that you made to the profiles that came with your Bodhi installation, go directly to step 4. If you do want to save profiles that you added or changes that you made to the profiles that came with your Bodhi installation, enter the following text and press Enter. Note: ensure that you enter the spaces correctly.
mv ~/.e ~/.e.old
Your .e folder, which contains changes that you made to profiles, is renamed to .e.old and, therefore, backed up.
4. Note: This step will create a new .e folder; you will lose profiles that you added and the profiles that came with your Bodhi installation will be returned to their default state. If you want to save profile changes, backup your .e folder by following step 3 of this procedure.
Type the following text and press Enter.
rm -rf ~/.e
A folder called .e with default settings is created.
5. Press Ctrl+Alt+F7. The terminal is closed and the SEGV error is resolved. If you want to use the default profiles, you have completed the procedure. If you want to use your custom profiles and you backed up your .e folder in step 3 of this procedure, go to step 6.
6. Note: In this step, replace [username] with your user name.
Navigate to /home/[username]/.e.old and copy the folder called e.
7. Navigate to /home/[username]/.e and paste the folder that you copied. A window called 'Confirm to replace files' appears.
8. Tick the box in the window called 'Confirm to replace files' and press Overwrite.
Your folder containing your profile changes is pasted in the new .e folder and you should have access to your customised profiles.